As some of you know, I started teaching private makeup lessons here in NYC ( click www.muahmakeup.com for more details 😉 ). It’s been a really fun experience and I love meeting the women I have met so far.
Throughout my lessons I always give recommendations on the best product in each category. Until recently, I’ve found that one question is always common. “Well, what’s YOUR must have in your cosmetic bag?”
I know I’ve written about my must haves but this one is a little different. This is an abridged version on what 5 makeup products I would bring if I knew I was going to be stuck on an island and wanted to look fabulous! 😉
1. Maybelline NY Falsies Volum’ Express in Blackest Black & in waterproof. If I want to long, thick lashes for an extended amount of time – Waterproof is the way to go!
2. MAC Cosmetic’s Lipglass in Knockout. It’s a stunning coral shade which is a great alternate to a red gloss. Not to mention coral shades always look amazing with a bronze face 😉
3. Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer. Perfect for everyday makeup. Save the foundation for big events! It’ll help protect your skin with spf and be less likely to clog your pores.
4. Josie Maran’s Argan Illuminator. This organic and vitamin filled illuminator is a great way to get that subtle glow. Apply it after makeup or mix in with your face makeup.
5. A Mineral Pressed Powder. I use MAC’s Mineralize powder but any mineral powder will do. Mineral powders tend to be the most light and will soak up all oily spots.
Here’s my survival kit! What would you bring?