I take biotin on the daily to help boost my nutrients to give me the best nails, skin, and hair. I didn’t notice a difference over night but within a week of constant use my nails were no longer brittle. Taking care of your insides is the easy part. Now you have to take care of your outsides! I use Sally Hansen nail treatments, bases, & top coats to repair/maintain my nails. If you’ve read my “Monthly Obessessions” post from last month you remember me talking about the Sally Hansen Gel Strengthener.
In case you haven’t noticed by now.. I love lashes. I love my lashes, I love fake lashes. I just don’t think a look is complete without long, thick, lashes. Rapid Lash is a serum for your lashes & your brows. Ever heard of hair serum? Same idea! Except this serum makes them grow! And don’t be afraid to try this lash serum! It’s not prescription strength. It doesn’t stain your eye lids and won’t ruin the color of your eyes.
So I don’t know how many of you guys have clicked around my site but every once in a while I attached a picture or link to a beauty product that leads to Amazon.com. That is because Amazon.com is the second website I use the most when restocking my beauty products and supplies. ( first is Sephora.com )
Why? Because of a few things.
1. I accidentally purchased Amazon Prime during Christmas time. It’s a $79 fee that provides you with free 1-2 day shipping on almost anything you order. There’s other benefits too but this is the only one I remember 😉
2. I always find deals on Amazon. Most of the time – Not all of the time – But most of the time I find products and supplies on the more affordable side.
I usually only post links to the products I buy sporadically and in my “I’m Obsessed with..” on the right side of my blog but today I’m going to simply post as much as I can all in this one blog post!
I’m not going to write anything about these products because all I can really say is how much I love them! So feel free to comment below if you have any questions and I will reply as soon as I can 🙂 !
1. Evian Facial Spray: This product is usually casually placed some where in between makeup, skincare, and suntan lotion at your closest beauty store or Bed Bath and Beyond. There are quite a few “makeup setting sprays” out there and they stand for the same result. This one just so happens to be my fav at the moment. Not only does it set your makeup and make your skin skin again after an application but when you’re having one of those weeks where you’re looking super dehydrated this facial mist will give you just the pick me up you need. Not to mention, it’s the finest mist I have yet to find in any facial spray! I found a travel size set of three on Amazon.com for $9.09! Click here to check it out – EVIAN Min Water Facial Spray Trio
2. RapidLash Lash Serum: I’m so so so glad I decided to try RapidLash last month because now I can share what an amazing product it is! I was getting eyelash extensions on the regular and had been to someone in Manhattan who was a total newbie and she ruined my lashes. After going to a different eyelash extension place in NJ my lash technician suggested using a lash serum because I had a major bald spot and as she put it “You’re lashes are very weak”. So while I let the last set of eyelash extensions grow out, I applied RapidLash both day and night to help my lashes get healthy again. The growth was slow and steady but my bald spot is NO where to be found. My like three corner lashes are so much longer they even curl up a little at the end.. Making my regular mascara application a little more glamorous. I’ve even dabbed a little on my brows when my threading lady went a little crazy and 3 days later my little brow hairs were back! Rapidlash isn’t prescription strength so it’s safe to test out. It’s formula is paraben free and really just full of vitamins! I bought mine on Amazon.com for $29.09. Much cheaper than in store! ( $30-40 ) Click here for more info – RapidLash Eyelash and Eyebrow Serum, 0.1 oz
3. Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free: OK! So I have a confession. I never wear face makeup. I know, you think I’m lying but I’m serious. Most foundations make my skin break out because I have extremely sensitive skin. ( I usually just apply some concealer where it’s needed and top off with a light powder ) So when I heard of Hourglass’s new powder foundation I had to test it out. It’s a little on the expensive side and retails for $55 at Sephora but for me; It was worth every penny! The foundation is formulated without parabens and phthalates and is infused with two powerful anti-aging ingredients phytostem edelweiss and lavandox. It promises things like, “100% reported an improvement in overall skin appearance and skin smoothness” , “80% reported a visible improvement in acne scars”, “70% reported a visible improvement in pore size”, and “63% reported a reduction in the severity of breakouts”. It feels very light on my skin and somehow manages to erase my little blemishes. The very first day I added it into my makeup regime my boyfriend said “Babe, what’d you do different? Your makeup looks so pretty.” SOLD! I’ve been in love ever since! www.sephora.com
4. Amika “Glam Box” Sample Kit: Although I do support drugstore hair care brands, I spoil my hair as much as I can with luxe hair products. Amika is my #1 haircare brand HANDS DOWN. I was introduced to Amika through Birchbox years ago when I was given a sample of their hair serum. Fast forward 3 years and I have EVERY styling product, hair product, and styling tool from them. ( Yup, even a travel blow dryer and flat iron ) Needless to say, When I come across their brand I pretty much geek out and tell anyone who will listen about them. Not only will your hair do a 360 turn around as far as softness but my frizz goes down 95% when blowdrying. I almost forgot.. Their signature scent is absolutely to do for. It’s like perfume for your hair! The Glam Box Sample Kit ( 1.5 oz. Touchable Hairspray , 1 oz. Perk Up Dry Shampoo, 1 oz. Un.Done Texture Spray and 60ml Nourishing Mask) is a must for someone wanting to test out their products and it retails for $45 on loveamika.com.
5. Make Up For Ever Double Ended Sculpting Brush #158: I was given this amazing brush along with my HD Blush during a makeup event with Make Up For Ever. I was a little skeptical about how it apply my blush and bronzer because it’s technically a synthetic brush. By makeup rules, Synthetic Brushes = liquid & cream use and Natural Hair Brushes= powder use. Somehow Make Up For Ever has created a line of brushes that are virtually both! Although each brush is different brush #158 has both straight fibers ( to mimic synthetic ) and wavy fibers ( to mimic natural ) which ends up applying my face powder and blushes gorgeously. I am now borderline crazy over this brush and the Make Up For Ever Artisan Brush line and have been contemplating a makeup haul to buy the whole set! This brush is definitely an investment! It retails for $53.00. www.makeupforever.com
6. Make Up For Ever HD Blush #410 Coral: I was introduced to Make Up For Ever’s HD Blush right before it’s release and I have never been more excited about a blush. I’m usually a bronzer girl and on occasion will apply a dab of blush. Why? Because most blushes never look natural on my skin. For a daily makeup look I want to look refreshed and awake and with most sticky or powdery blushes.. That’s so not the case! Make Up For Ever has truly created the perfect formula for a cream to powder feel that some how melts right into the apples of my cheeks. Whether it’s applied before or after my foundation, My cheeks always have the perfect hint of color. This blush retails for $26.00. www.makeupforever.com
7. Salley Hansen Triple Strong Advanced Gel Nail Hardener: I know I don’t post too many things about nails. I could go on and on about makeup, hair, and skin but nails? How long can you truly talk about a nail polish, Right? In this case, you’re so wrong! I was looking for a base coat that would keep my nails from breaking back in the winter. I stumbled upon this “Gel Nail Hardener” and thought “I have a coupon.. Why not!”. Now? I cannot do my nails without it. No.. really! I even bring it to the nail salon! My nails are a gorgeous mani length ever since I started using it and I’ve never been known to have even one nail that goes past my finger tip. So if you want “mani length” nails that never break? This is DEFINITELY a polish you need to buy! This polish usually retails around $7.00 – $8.00 .
8. Velour Mink Eyelashes: There are a ton of different lashes that I could suggest when you’re looking for a glamorous touch to your makeup application. But Velour Lashes are the epitome of glamour. I came across Velour Lashes for the first time last year at The Makeup Show in NYC. They are gorgeous full strip mink lashes that are settled into a beautiful care box and come in about 16 different styles. They’re so luxe they promise you can use them up to 25 times! Perfect for girls who post #makeupselfies on Instagram on the daily 😉 The prices start at $30 but if you want my opinion? It’s totally worth it. If you wore eyelashes 25 times you’d spend around $75 – $80. You do the math ! www.velourlashes.com
Every time I think I’ve fallen in love with the best products .. Another month comes and goes and I’ve found another product to have an affair with 😉
1. Tokyomilk Dark Femme Fatale Lip Elixir in Salted Caramel No. 36: This wonderful gem has lived deep within my purse since the beginning of last year! This lip elixir formula includes bee balm, aloe leaf and vitamin E so not only is it super conditioning but it exudes a delicious scent! The Salted Caramel scent is a combo of sweet cream, sea salt, caramelized sugar and toasted vanilla bean. The scent is so yummy my boyfriend always knows when I put it on. It makes my lips feel the softest it’s ever felt which is essential during these harsh winter months!
2. NUDE Skincare Replenish Daily Moisturizer: Now this has been my life saver every winter since it’s launch. I have extremely sensitive skin so it acts accordingly when seasons change. The freezing temperatures this winter has left my skin dry and at times wind burnt so a dose of extra care is definitely needed. The Replenish Daily Moisturizer is Nude’s most luxurious moisturizer providing ultimate hydration for skin; All thanks to Omega 6 & 9! Every time my skin needs a little healing I apply some of this cream and let Nude do all the work!
3. Soap & Glory The Righteous Body Butter: How many of you have 5 bottles of lotion in your bathroom and never use any of them? The Righteous Body Butter from Soap and Glory is the first body butter that I bought and used to the very last drop! It’s super creamy but dries pretty fast. My skin never felt softer and always has a touch of an incredible subtle scent that is a combo of fresh bergamot, mandarin, rose, jasmine, peach, strawberry, oakmoss, and amber with woody and warm vanilla notes.
4. Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner: Instead of using this eyeliner in a traditional way, I use it to create depth in my lash line. This gives me a “I don’t have any eyeliner on” look. I lay the felt tip across the root of my upper lash line depositing just enough color to give the illusion of the line without creating one. Perfect for a pick me up before the gym!
5. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam: NYX is a brand I’ve known about for a long time but I’ve recently become a big fan! The Soft Matte Lip Cream has come to be one of my favorites; It’s everything you love about a gloss without the sticky, gooey, shiny part. The matte red lip has been majorly trending this season and Amsterdam is the perfect shade!
6. GOT 2b Powderful Volumizing Styling Powder: This styling powder is your hairs best friend whenever you want instant, mile high volume. No teasing needed! Just shake some of this powder into your roots and rub in with your finger tips. Your hair will be higher to heaven until the next wash! ( Perfect for makeup artists who do “light styling”! )
7. Smashbox Full Exposure Palette: I’ve never been much of a palette girl until this year. I came across the Smashbox Full Exposure palette while Christmas shopping and have been in love ever since! This palette is half matte and half metallic and includes every shade of brown into black. Perfect for everyday makeup, office makeup, night out makeup, glamour makeup, bridal makeup; Need I say more?
8. Clinque Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup: My skin decided to turn on me this fall and never looked back. I don’t get breakouts but I get little balls that live deep within my pores. While I’ve been taking care of my skin and bringing back to life, This acne solutions liquid makeup has been my bff. The coverage is impressive and not cakey! And it’s the ONLY face makeup that didn’t bring on more breakouts.
Hope some of these product raves have inspired you to break out of your shell try something new this winter!
If you read my posts frequently, You know that more than anything I’m a huge sucker for skincare. I may be young ( in my early 20s ) but I’m very crazy about keeping my skin smooth and hydrated. I know a lot women in their twenties don’t realize that these are the years we need to take care of our skin. Especially now that the sun effects our skin more than ever!
The Body Shop always entices me because of the yummy orange scent they burn to get you on in. This time I went in with a purpose. I’m obsessed with the Vitamin E facial spray and had to restock. It smells like rose petals and makes my makeup look even better after an application.This weekend they had a deal buy 2 get 2 for free OR buy 3 get 3 for free. So of course, I had to try something new.
Because my skin has been a little more dry than usual due to the weather I thought this would be fun to try out. The Chamomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter sounds a little scary at first because right away you think of something greasy but I didn’t have any oily or greasy residue after the cleanse. The instructions explain to massage the cleansing butter on to your dry skin which was funny for me to grasp for me because I’m used to lathering foam and water. It says to use a muslin cloth to wipe the remainder away but I just used a small washcloth. All of my makeup seemed to be wiped away much easier than a normal face wash.
The #1 thing that stuck out to me after cleansing was that my face didn’t feel tight. Usually, within 5 minutes of drying off my face it feels tight and itchy and I scramble to my beauty oil. Last night, I just spritzed with my Vitamin E spray and my skin has never felt so smooth!
I would recommend this cleansing butter to anyone who tends to have extremely dry skin. I noticed a difference within once wash. I can only imagine what it’ll do within couple more days!
So I must admit.. I’ve had the worst writers block over the last two weeks. I can blame it on work, family events, or laziness but I swear I’ve sat at my desk with intent to write and 5 minutes later I’m checking out all the awesome holiday sales. Maybe this writers block is a blessing in disguise because I have gotten every Christmas gift out of the way. All that’s left are stocking stuffers! Now I think it’s fitting for me to help you get your shopping done. Here’s a beauty gift guide to help you choose gifts for those special people in your life. I’ve chosen all products below from Sephora with a $50 budget in mind! P.S. To my friends & Family: Do not get any ideas! These aren’t spoiler alerts and I didn’t get these gifts for you. Sorry 😉 ! For Your BFF: Urban Decay Naked3 Palette Urban Decay has launched 2 Naked palettes before this one and they have cleverly launched #3 just in time for the holidays. The Naked3 Palette has every beautiful shade of brown and beige with and without glitter which makes this palette a perfect fit for every type of woman. If you know anything about makeup, you know that your BFF will LOVE you if you buy this for her. Retails at Sephora for $52. For The Beauty Who Only Wears Chapstick: Fresh Sugar Treasures We all know a beautiful girl who literally only wears chapstick. Even though we may not agree with her lack of love for eyeshadow we should embrace the fact that she takes care of her lips! Fresh Sugar Lip Conditioners are a personal favorite of mine. I have one stashed in my car for when I need a little hint of color but mostly silky smooth hydration.. Especially in this weather! And since you may not know her shade, She’ll have 6 to choose from which will last her a long time! Retails at Sephora for $50. For The One Who Has The Best Blowout, Always: Drybar The Morning After Kit I most certainly need to have the best head of hair at all times. When I have a bad hair day I’m super annoyed at the world and feel like I look really ugly. If you know a girl like this, This is the perfect gift! The Drybar Shower Cap is a cap designed specifically for girls who really want their blowout to last. It holds all of your hair ( Yup, ALL of it ) and protects it from moisture with a terry towel that lines it. The Detox Dry Shampoo is a staple in my cabinet and always refreshes my hair when it gets oily looking. The only advice is to spray far from your head. The powder can easily turn your locks grey if your brunette! Retails at Sephora for $35. For Your Teenage Sister: Ciate Mini Mani Month Nail art has grown to be one of the biggest beauty trends this year. Everyone from your mom to your boss is probably rocking a killer manicure right as we speak. And who knows the trends more than you? Your teenage sister! Having the cutest nails are a must! And she will love that this Ciate Mini Mani Month kit comes with 18 different colors and 6 fun sparkly add ons; Caviar Beads, Sequins, & Glitter. Retails at Sephora for $58. For The Fashionista: Sephora Collection Make an Entrance Clutch Brush Set We tend to forget to think of tools when we buy makeup. How many of you have boxes of shadows, lipsticks, & palettes but maybe 2 makeup brushes? This Sephora Collection Make An Entrance Clutch Brush Set is the perfect gift for anyone who wears makeup. Plus, it comes with a gorgeous clutch. A perfect accessory for New Years Eve! 😉 Retails at Sephora $59. For Your Mom, His Mom, A New Mom: Tocca Beauty Eau De Parfum Viaggio Trio I’ve always noticed Tocca as a brand while smelling scents at Sephora but never ended up choosing it. I don’t know what’s changed but I really really love their gifts for this holiday season! I’ve smelled every scent in the fragrance sets and every scent was different yet feminine and sexy. For a mom you may be gifting that loves to smell good, This is a perfect pick. Each italian glass bottle resembles a “girl” who may speak to you. This set includes; Margaux, Liliana & Florence. Retails at Sephora for $45. For Your Sister, His Sister, His Girlfriend: Benefit Cosmetics Little Love Potions Every time I think of Benefit Cosmetics I think of one word. Fun! The products all have a quirky name that gets you interested and has a straight to the point purpose. It’s perfect for your average gal that likes to wear makeup but likes “natural” makeup. In the Benefit Cosmetics Little Love Potion kit she will be able to try a little bit of everything and easily stash it in her purse or gym bag. Retails at Sephora for $36.00. For The Guy In Your Life: The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave If I’m thinking of buying beauty products for a guy there’s only three things that come to mind. A new cologne, A razor for a beard, or a really awesome version of chapstick. To narrow it down a little further.. Most dudes have facial hair. ( Except my brother, Sorry bro! 😉 ) Why not upgrade his man-scaping experience with fancy shaving products that will definitely protect and correct his manly appearance! The Art of Shaving has narrowed it down to the perfect set with a prep, a shaving cream, and an after balm all with the scent of sandalwood. Smooth skin & the perfect scent? A must! Retails at Sephora for $60. For The One With Incredible Skin: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Head to Toe Hydration Kit No matter what skincare routine you have, you will almost always notice a change in your skin once the cold weather comes. Every woman should ( if she doesn’t already ) change her skincare routine for the seasons. And for the holiday season, extra hydration is key. First Aid Beauty is the perfect choice because it’s formulated without parabens, sulfates, and Phthalates making it suitable for ANY person. Even those with skin allergies! And 98% tested noted an instant relief from dry skin. With this set up, you can’t go wrong! Retails at Sephora for $42. For The Total Makeup Junkie: Sephora Collection Makeup Academy Blockbuster The Sephora Collection launches a Makeup Academy Blockbuster every year around the holidays. And is it me or is it just getting better? This years makeup collection of shadows, powders, creams, and glosses comes with; 72 eye shadows, 28 lip glosses, 7 blushes, 18 cream eyeliners, 3 concealers, a face & eye primer, 2 sponge applicators, a double ended eyeshadow brush, a double ended blush brush, AND a mirror! I don’t think I need to say anything other than this is a NO brainer! Retails at Sephora for $50. I hope this has helped you narrow down some great gift ideas for those special to you for the holiday season! I must admit.. I may have convinced myself while writing this post that I might not be done with my shopping after all!
Whenever I reveal my title as a Makeup Artist, It only takes about 5 minutes for someone to ask me the infamous question; “So, What are your favorite makeup brands?” It’s always so hard to answer this question! Not because I don’t want to give away my beauty secrets! But because I like ALL brands and my favorites are changing on the daily.
For Example; It’s very hard for me to stay loyal to just one mascara. ( I have easily 10 different mascaras in my personal makeup stash )
So I thought letting you guys know what I’m obsessed with monthly may be a better way to introduce my “go-to” products!
1. Atelier Cologne in Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue has been my secret perfume for a year or two and I thought no one would know about it for a while. But now it’s becoming pretty popular so you may recognize the brand. All the scents are absolutely delicious but the Orange Sanguine is the perfect scent for a daily spritz.
2. Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil is one of those products I stared at for 15 minutes before I decided to buy it. I’ve heard a lot about beauty oils & was very skeptical because my skin is so sensitive. Beauty Oils promise to heal & hydrate regardless of whether or not you have troubled / oily skin. I’ve been so blown away that it’s a part of my daily skin care routine.
3. NYX Eyebrow Shaper Wax is really just a jumbo eye pencil that’s been replaced with wax instead of color. My one eye brow is genetically fuller than the other leaving me with one brow sort of an arch. With a swipe of the NYX Eyebrow shaper, the wax gives the brow powder to stick to so I can create/add more shape to my brow. This was a steal for $1.99!
4. Maybelline Color Elixir in Caviar Couture just launched this October and has been raved about all over beauty sites. I got a sneak peek during NY Fashion Week and I’ve been obsessed ever since. Not only is there a gorgeous selection of colors but the gloss itself is so creamy that you can use it instead of chapstick. Caviar Couture is a perfect shade for you daring divas who like to follow the fall/winter beauty trends and rock the dark cherry lip!
5. Living Proof Nourishing Styling Cream has been around for a little while and I’ve been doing my best to avoid it because I knew it’d be another kick ass product I’d fall in love with.. And boy was I right! I apply a nickel size amount to my damp hair before I blow dry. The scent is fresh and clean and my hair maintains a frizz free, soft, & manageable style for until my next wash.
6. Kiss Ever EZ Cluster Lashes have been my new beauty find this last month after I had eyelash extensions. Once you have eyelash extensions, you feel so eye naked after they fall out. Waking up with a lush lash line is one of the best things a girl can experience. That’s why these cluster lashes have been my bff. They’re easy to apply with a tweezer and because they’re clusters with an invisible they look super natural!
7. NARS Guy Bourdin Blush Palette shouldn’t be a surprise on my Beauty Obsessions of the month because those of you who follow me should know by now that I’m obsessed with every product NARS has. This palette has made my life easier on set and when I’m doing groups of ladies. Plus, the highlighter in the palette is stunning when applied with a wet brush!
8. Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner 24 HR Waterproof in #24 Dark Brown Matte is the easiest cheat to great eye makeup in seconds. Brown flatters all eye colors and is more natural than black. Sometimes technique isn’t what you need, It’s just the right product! This jumbo eye pencil can be swept across the lash line and lid for a quick smokey liner. Blend with your finger tip and add mascara – you’ve got the easiest makeup look in just 2 minutes!
I could go on and on about each of these products and explain in more detail why they’re so awesome but I tried to keep it pretty simple. * If you’d like an in depth blog about any of these products, please just comment below with a request!
Are you as obsessed as me with these beauty products?
A lot of women suffer from dry flakey skin once the temperature drops. The only way to bounce back is through hydration. Drinking water will help but definitely won’t solve the problem.
Apply a hydrating mask daily until you notice a turn around with your skin. In the meantime, apply Vitamin E oil daily to the infected area. Cococare 100% Vitamin E Oil is thick and sticky but delivers a complete 180 turn around in just one day.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects and repairs your skin. “Antioxidants are agents that neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals, which are molecules that damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles”
Cococare 100% Vitamin E Oil can be found at www.drugstore.com and retails around $7.
Halloween is just 2 weeks away which reminds us that the holidays will be here in no time. Along with the holidays comes cold, dry weather and our skin undoubtedly suffers.
Sometimes your daily moisturizer just won’t cut it. Incorporating a hydrating mask into your weekly beauty routine will change your skin without question.
Karuna is a “east meets west” eco friendly skin care brand that uses traditional Asian influences, products, and ingredients.
The Karuna Hydrating Treatment Mask contains a unique blend of antioxidants and vitamins that replenishes and rejuvenates any skin type.
The instructions say to apply and “sit and let the magic happen” and they really mean it. The mask never dries or hardens. It says moist and clings to your face so talking, smiling, and doing things is kind of hard.
I applied mine and read a magazine – A nice 20 minute “relaxing moment” at the end of a long week. By the time I was done, I removed the mask and rubbed in the residue as instructed.
My skin was flaky and tight due to the climate change and now it’s soft and smooth. I will definitely incorporate these masks into my beauty routine this winter!
Every country and culture has it’s “best kept beauty secrets” that are usually passed down from generation to generation.
The Geishas and Kabuki actors in Japan swear by Bird Poop Facials to help brighten their pretty faces.
Droppings from Nightengales are collected to use in these fabulous facials. But don’t fret – The bacteria in the poop is killed and treated by UV lights before it’s put to use. Thank goodness for that, Right?
Yes, you heard me right! “A Healthy Fragrance”! LAVANILA is fragrance company that infuses essential oils and 100 percent active natural botanicals together to create fresh, clean, warm scents all infused with a delicious vanilla scent.
Every spray includes a list of antioxidants like goji berry, kakdu plum, willow herb and olive leaf – A nice healthy dose of 30 vitamins/minerals and 19 amino acids in every spray of perfume? Who thought of this stuff!?
The “Pure Vanilla” LAVANILA scent is my favorite. It really seeps in and exudes off your skin throughout the day. It’s perfect for the winter, It’ll remind you of freshly baked cookies.
LAVANILA Fragrances can be purchased on www.sephora.com